PDA

View Full Version : Forum Downtime

wrinx
02-06-08, 13:13
Any one else experienced downtime since last night?

wrinx

wrinx
02-06-08, 19:04
...and again, not been able to get on for a couple of hours???

wrinx

arjunior45
02-06-08, 19:05
me too, till some hours ago.

Nick

Stuntz
02-06-08, 19:07
same here ........

wrinx
02-06-08, 19:10
Thanks for confirming.

wrinx

Brul(tm)
02-06-08, 20:38
Same here, sunday and a great part of today no forum available.

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
02-06-08, 22:37
Hi guys, below is the reason for the downtime

Server Issues:
We would like to make our customers aware that we are currently have some issues with our NS1.NETPIVOTAL.COM Primary nameserver and the Rose.netpivotal.com server. On Saturday evening at 4:55 in the Houston data centre where the two servers are located, an electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding our electrical equipment room Thankfully, no one was injured. In addition, no servers were damaged or lost and the data is still safely on the server. There is no impact in any of our other servers.

All members of the support team are in, and all vendors who supply the data center equipment are on site. The initial assessment, although early, points to being able to have some service restored by Monday evening CDT. Rest assured the support team are working around the clock.

We do hope that during the next few hours access to the servers will be regained as the team reinstate power to the affected servers.

We are sorry that this accident has occurred and apologise for the impact.

And also

Update at 3:30pm CDT/9:30pm GMT: We would like to inform customers that power was been restored to the Rose server a few hours ago and the server is successfully back online. We are still experiencing some issues with our primary DNS server due to inaccessibility issues but we hope to have this back online within the next few hours.

We would like to Thank all of our customers for their patience and to also offer our sincere apologies for this incident.

AlfaJack
02-06-08, 22:50
I thought that may have been the cause when I read this:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/01/the_planet_houston_data_center_fire/

Seems well now though :)

wrinx
02-06-08, 23:00
Eeek, explosions!??!

Bit bigger and louder than the average reason...

wrinx

wrinx
04-06-08, 16:50
...more explosions today?

wrinx

AlfaJack
04-06-08, 18:06
Has been a bit glitchy. And the email routing for my own domain with the same hosting company were wiped off!

markgq4
05-06-08, 15:13
seems they have finished blowing stuff up now then,
I always miss out on all the excitement ;0