PDA

View Full Version : can only get 0.3 bar boost

pavs
14-05-08, 21:25
Been running around and lost all boost reconnected the waste gate actuator, but still can get any more than 0.3 bar of boost all the small hoses are ok

Any Ideas?

AlfaJack
14-05-08, 21:37
Where did it come disconnected? On mine it looks like a straight bar straight from the actuator to the lever. Did it just drop out of the actuator?

Perhaps the actuator is stuck or broken... :(

pavs
14-05-08, 21:41
the clip that held the arm to the gate had fallen off

Steve Webb
14-05-08, 22:24
If everything was working fine before the actuator arm became disconnected I would say that the arm disconnection was a symptom rather than the problem. You may have an underlying problem with the wastegate actuator.

Steve

Brul(tm)
15-05-08, 06:00
Did you reconnect the actuator arm in the correct way?
Looks like you'can't build boost because the wastegate is open permenantly....or like Steve said, a problem with the actuator itself.

Greetings,
Marc

pavs
15-05-08, 06:45
its not the waste gate, I've had the turbo off and the actuator is definitely holding the wastegate shut

reading through it seems that its only running on base boost

AlfaJack
15-05-08, 08:42
Maybe try disconnecting the pierburg valve and gently test the waters with the boost and see if you get more - remember the fuel defence is at 1.5 bar - not nice to hit that!

Brul(tm)
15-05-08, 09:17
remember the fuel defence is at 1.5 bar - not nice to hit that!

You reach this point very easy, so be gentle with the throttle!

Greetings,
Marc

pavs
16-05-08, 07:54
Ok

I've connected the 2 pipes together and still only 0.3 bar boost

rechecked all the small bore pipework

checked the pierburg has 12v

losing the plot now anyone any ideas I don't think its the turbo as I has it off the car with the wastegate problem and all was good no smoking and no bearing play

AlfaJack
16-05-08, 08:45
I am not sure, but I think connecting them together will cause any pressure from the turbo to push open the waste gate with no management.
To test the turbo I would disconnect the hose from the waste gate and leave it disconnected. That way, all the exhaust will pressure will build the boost.

Page 42: http://berlinasportivo.com/Technical/q4manual/Q4fuel.pdf

Brul(tm)
16-05-08, 08:53
I am not sure, but I think connecting them together will cause any pressure from the turbo to push open the waste gate with no management.

This is correct. You will receive the default pressure of 0.4 bar.

Greetings,
Marc