PDA

View Full Version : A/C compressor removal?

Q4STHLM
11-04-08, 18:22
Hi there,
anyone ever replaced the a/c compressor without having the entire engine out?

Mine sounded like a worn out bag-pipe when we tried to refill the system, so it needs some attention i guess...

Any suggestions?

Rgs, Anders

(btw, what's up with the "Busted cambelt" under my nick to the top left? Is it something I can change?)

Brul(tm)
11-04-08, 19:05
anyone ever replaced the a/c compressor without having the entire engine out?

You can remove the comlete air intake, then the A/C pump is accesseble.... This is how I removed the pump from my Q4 which i am taking appart. This is also not an easy thing to do :eek:

Greatings,
Marc

AlfaJack
12-04-08, 08:40
(btw, what's up with the "Busted cambelt" under my nick to the top left? Is it something I can change?)

Its just for fun, it will change each time the post count goes over a certain limit:smile:

Q4STHLM
12-04-08, 16:14
You can remove the comlete air intake, then the A/C pump is accesseble.... This is how I removed the pump from my Q4 which i am taking appart. This is also not an easy thing to do :eek:

Greatings,
Marc

OK, thanks...suppose all the hose clamp screws for the inlet are facing downwards...which they do of course...makes it a bit more interesting. I need to think about that. It would be nice to fix it as I already have removed all belts and waterpump to change my (not yet busted:tongue2:) cambelt.

Removing the inlet would give me the opportunity to replace the injectors :tasty:...yesyesyes