PDA

View Full Version : Composite panels

Evodelta
28-03-08, 11:05
Do you guys have a need for any composite panels? I'm thinking the wider front wings and things like that, is this already catered for somewhere? I see on Ebay you can still get metal wings cheap so maybe not...

I ask because I make stuff like that, up till now it has just been integrale parts because of their rarety, but I am always on the look out for new avenues.
Any ideas welcome, but it has to be popular as the making of the mold is the expensive bit, I can make in GRP, carbon fibre, Carbon Kevlar.

On a similar note, what does the touring car spoiler lift kit consist of? Worth doing perhaps?

cuore_sportivo_155
28-03-08, 11:22
Well, since the wings are shared with other 155s, I'm potentially interested in lightweight Skinny wings... and a hood, and the rear quarters, and a bootlid...

the lift kit for the silverstone spoiler is just a set of blocks and probably longer botls to sandwich between the bootlid and the spoiler... AFAIK still available from dealers, though the spoiler isn't

f1lmm
28-03-08, 15:11
pm me evodelta please as i would like a few thing's done on my alfa 155,probably doors,and bonnet,bootlid and supertouring spoiler,and front wings,please cheers

Xti
29-03-08, 06:52
Do you guys have a need for any composite panels? I'm thinking the wider front wings and things like that, is this already catered for somewhere? I see on Ebay you can still get metal wings cheap so maybe not...

I ask because I make stuff like that, up till now it has just been integrale parts because of their rarety, but I am always on the look out for new avenues.
Any ideas welcome, but it has to be popular as the making of the mold is the expensive bit, I can make in GRP, carbon fibre, Carbon Kevlar.

On a similar note, what does the touring car spoiler lift kit consist of? Worth doing perhaps?

It's good even just the thought of such an oportunity. I'd be glad to buy from you.

Regards,
Chris.

01-04-08, 11:59
Yes!

For the Q4 a ventilated hood would be one of the most wanted upgrades - if it is tasteful and clever made. A few suppliers already offers some of the panels in plastic + fiber materials so if you want pay-off on your molds I suppose you have to offer something different, like the ventilated hood, or Zagato parts for example, or better or much cheaper to get volume.

/A

alfista_AR
04-04-08, 17:41

Hi Evo,

Could be a useful product, a piece of carbon fiber or Kevlar with 3 holes to put into these ones the fuel pressure indicator, A/F ratio indicator and the Turbo press indicator.

I made myself mod cutting a plastic holder ("fake" carbon type) to hold the three indicators as you can see on the picture attached.
But this is not perfect one and I had to remove some parts of the internal front panel.

You could do a simple plate to mount the indicators in this place but with the right size and mounting hardware.
This piece can be easily sold to any 155 not only for Q4.

Another good place to put the 3 indicators (and I guess is the best place to easily read those ones) is in the top of the panel near to the central vent out, as indicated in the other picture.
You have to do a mold copying the depressed form of the panel and add the holes pointing to the driver (something similar as Subaru Impreza indicators, this car has the indicators in the same position)

This is a really good piece of composite that will get an sporting "touch" of class for any 155.

Just suggestions, but if you can make it I'll be the first buyer!!!

-Dario.

Evodelta
05-04-08, 11:52
Ok, thanks for the ideas fellas, maybe I'll look into this a bit further, things are starting to get busy again!

Evodelta
06-04-08, 07:25
Just looking at the Q4 ER2 again (and again!) What an awesome car, I guess the chances of me getting hold of a front bumper to copy would be pretty remote, it would make a nice project though, lots of space behind that for getting extra goodies squeezed in.

Q4-Dave
23-01-10, 00:10
If you could do the ER2 front, I would not hesitate no matter the cost (almost) :P
and the same goes for the rear touring (wing) spoiler