View Full Version : rear ARB

peter holst
21-03-08, 08:08
has anybody fitted an oprated rear ARB?

RMB-Racing
21-03-08, 08:19
has anybody fitted an oprated rear ARB?

Where do you mean?

Under the chassis, or in the car between the suspension towers?

Brul(tm)
21-03-08, 08:25
Where do you mean?

Anti Roll Bar kit (http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-145-146/Suspensions/Sports-Stabiliser-Bar::1684.html)??

To bad that there is no kit for the Q4, as far as I know.:confused:

Greetings,
Marc

RMB-Racing
21-03-08, 08:31
Anti Roll Bar kit (http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-145-146/Suspensions/Sports-Stabiliser-Bar::1684.html)??

To bad that there is no kit for the Q4, as far as I know.:confused:

Greetings,
Marc

Hehe Marc - I do now what a ARB is! :smile:

Is was asking on the location of the ARB...!

A ARB can be placed under the chassis or in the trunk between the suspensiontowers...

Brul(tm)
21-03-08, 08:36
Hehe Marc - I do now what a ARB is! :smile:

I was a bit quick, not reading it clearly :tapedshut::redface:

in the trunk between the suspensiontowers...

This will be a customised option I guess. Never saw this in a 155.
In the 155's who participate in races, it's fixed with the roll cage they build in to the car as far as I know.

Greetings,
Marc

peter holst
21-03-08, 08:43
never heard of an ARB between the towers. I was thinking of the one under the car. need stiffer springs too.the set I?ve got from holland lowers 50 mm but it isn?t as stiff as I would like

peter holst
21-03-08, 08:45
have you got a picture Marc - sounds interesting..

RMB-Racing
21-03-08, 09:36
Well, as Marc mentioned before, there isn't a ARB for the 155 to place under the car.

In the racecars, they stiffened the chassis by the rollcage, but that doesn't eliminate the "roll-effect" completely.

I think the only way, is to customize one of your self.

Steve Webb
21-03-08, 09:45
A ARB can be placed under the chassis or in the trunk between the suspensiontowers...

I think there is a little bit of confusion over terminology, in the UK at least, the bars under the car are referred to as Anti Roll bars or ARB's and anything between suspension towers are Strut Braces.

And I thought the design of the rear 155 suspension (trailing arms mounted on a huge rear subframe) meant that there isn't any suspension intrusion into the trunk/boot? So towers/struts to brace.

Brul(tm)
21-03-08, 09:46
have you got a picture Marc - sounds interesting..

No unfortunatly not :(
But this is a part of the design of the roll cage they build into the racers.

Greetings,
Marc

Stuntz
21-03-08, 10:09
Strut bar would be stupid as the whole rear end is fixed on ruber busshings you would have to replace them whit something stiffer ( teflon maybe) than a strut brace would help. Anti roll bar hell how to mount it on that back end would be a tough work

arjunior45
21-03-08, 12:11
I think that Steve is right. ARB goes under the car and strub brace between the towers.

I believe that there is already an ARB in the back {if I'm not mistaken, there is already one in mine}.

Never heard of found any aftermarket one for the Q4, though I'd like to have a pair with 4-6 mm bigger diameter.

Nick

wrinx
21-03-08, 12:12
Whiteline make front and rear uprated ARBs for "normal" 155s, but not the Q4 as far as I know :(

wrinx

RMB-Racing
21-03-08, 16:57
I think there is a little bit of confusion over terminology, in the UK at least, the bars under the car are referred to as Anti Roll bars or ARB's and anything between suspension towers are Strut Braces.

And I thought the design of the rear 155 suspension (trailing arms mounted on a huge rear subframe) meant that there isn't any suspension intrusion into the trunk/boot? So towers/struts to brace.

My mistake - your right Steve.

I have mixed up the two things.

Sorry for the confusion!

Brul(tm)
21-03-08, 19:04
I believe that there is already an ARB in the back {if I'm not mistaken, there is already one in mine}.

Unther every Q4 there is one.From the Eper DVD:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n288/BrulTM/swingbar.jpg
As with most alternative parts for the Q4, there isn't much available...

Greetings,
Marc

Evodelta
21-03-08, 21:56
An easy way to uprate is to get two ARBs and fix them together (weld, hose clips etc) It's a bit cheap, rough and ready though and I wouldn't really recommend it, especially for wet weather use.
Thicker ARBs aren't too expensive to have made - especially if you have a group buy of a few done.